Extensions to Foswiki that are not plugins
The term "Contrib" is used to refer to any package that is not just a simple plugin.
Foswiki contribs may
Relevant links on Foswiki.org:
See other types of extensions: AddOns
- extend the functionality of Foswiki, in a lower-level way than plugins,
- or provide alternative implementations for sections of the Foswiki core e.g. user management, or when an extension just can't be implemented as a plugin because it requires very close access to Foswiki internals,
- or they might provide other files that Foswiki uses, for example language files,
- or they might be packages of topics that implement a "Wiki Application", using the wiki macro language, TML.
Foswiki Contribs Installed on this site
Number of topics: 18
- Use /bin/configure to browse or search the list of extensions available from Foswiki.org, and to install the extension.
- Or, use the
tools/extension_installer script to download and install the extension.
- Or, download an extension package from some other source, and unzip it.
- Follow any special installation instructions in the Contrib topic.
Related Topics: DeveloperDocumentationCategory